Choose your wine tourism experience
Are you looking for the experience to visit wineries in La Rioja? In Samaniego, in Bodegas Alútiz and within the territory of the Denomination of Qualified Origin Rioja we offer you different wine tourism experiences.
We are traditional harvesters since the 80s but with a landscape and a tradition worthy of a framework, that is why we have built a beautiful hotel with wine bar in the heart of Samaniego and we teach you our work every day of the year in the vineyard and wineries ending with the tasting of our most popular Aluminz wines. We have been told that we are one of the most authentic and nearest wineries in Rioja Alavesa. But we can only say that we can’t be what we’re not.
Experiencia completa Alútiz
- Walk through the vineyards of the family mountains
- Visit to the 3 wineries
- Tasting of 3 wines with pintxo in wine bar
Running time: 130 minutos
Ruta por las 3 bodegas en Barrio de Matarredo
- Visit to the wineries, current winery and lace 12 meters underground
- Tasting of 3 wines and pintxo in the wine bar
Running time: 80 minutos
Price: 12€ (Free children)
Visita al calado del siglo XVII
- Visit to the jewel of Bodegas Berganzo where the wines were made and stored at a depth of 12 meters. Since the seventeenth century, Samaniego has been hiding historic wineries. To ours we have added a very current decoration where many celebrations are held.
- Tasting 3 wines and a pintxo
Running time: 40 minutos
Para grupos 10 personas mínimo: visita a las bodegas+cata
- Visit to the Matarredo neighborhood
- Visit to the wineries
- Tasting of 3 wines per person
* Minimum booking of 48 hours
Rioja Alavesa Route: Samaniego Stop
- From Laguardia 10 km.
- From Bilbao 110 km.
- From San Sebastian 150 km.
- From Vitoria 55 km.
- From Logroño 32 km.
- From Madrid 350 km.
Fancy a special schedule and looking for a different experience?
- Wine and chocolate tasting
- Tasting with alaves cheeses and wines
- Dinner or lunch pairing in Laguardia at a friendly restaurant
- Tasting with your friends and pecking at La Casona de Alútiz
COME TO THE PARTY OF THE MAIAS OF SAMANIEGO!
An ancient festival where we burn the mornings or sanises on the winter solstice (December 7) to ward off evil spirits. A feast of light, wine and a good roast.
“We made the visit in full harvest, we did not choose to go to harvest but we were given the possibility of making the visit and tasting. The group was late and they called us to let us know and not be waiting. The boy explained all the parts of the winery and the whole winemaking process. It’s lucky someone can explain the whole process to you on the spot. Then we went to the wine bar which is from the seventeenth century to taste the wines and skewers which is decorated very cuqui with a lot of charm. The whole family was there and we were able to enjoy a relaxed moment and in the company of good people and good wine. A spectacular visit highly recommended. To repeat!” José
“We have visited this family winery with 2 children aged 9 and 7 years old, who have really enjoyed it… especially when going to the vineyard, sampling, drinking its juice, checking the degree of sugar, performing the harvest and pouring the grapes for fermentation… Then we visited the wineries and, after the relevant explanations of the winemaking process, we tasted 4 of its broths (of which I make special mention of the white fermented in barrels) accompanied by skewer, snacks and chocolate (must and salobreña for the small)… Everything has been great, and very well explained by Edu who has been very attentive to the whole group at all times. More than recommended for all ages!!!”. Ainhoa